Re: [NTLK] G3/Beige Tower & Wireless LAN.....?????

From: Rob Frohne (frohro_at_wwc.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 10:41:06 EDT

Hi Jeff,

I suggest you look at outpost.com. They have an access point that looks
like it can be configured to act as a client. It is a DLink one with
one antenna. You could probably use that with the ethernet port of your
G3 tower. Best of all the price is $69 after rebate until June 30.

Better double check my information though. I don't think it will work
for Appletalk, by the way.

Rob
On Friday, June 28, 2002, at 06:25 AM, Jeffrey M. Swiger wrote:

> Hi All, I know its off topic of Newt, But I cant find an answer... Is
> there a way to put a PCI card in the G3 Tower to run a WaveLan Card??? I
> would like to have all the machines here Wireless, and the Beige Tower
> is the last of them.. In the Legacy Pages, where you get Airport Ready,
> it's just blank. I know you cant just slap a Airport card in, but can I
> use PCI?? And which support Apple?... I realy need some help before I
> spend cash here...Jeff
>

> *** N8NOE ***
> Jeffrey M. Swiger
> G4/933 PowerMac (2002 QuickSilver)