Re: [NTLK] Newton 4 Newbies/dead 2100

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 04:32:35 EDT

Depending on what type of wires you used the wires may have caused a short
circuit as well (I have seen terrible implementations already, wondering
that the Newt survived at all.
Another issue is that the solder pads for the crystal on the logic board
might have been losen due to desoldering the original crystal. So it might
be the case that one of the very thin paths towards the soldering pads is
broken or does not provide continuity...

Johannes