[NTLK] Slightely OT--Big Business jungles punctuated by sharp machetes

From: SuerthP_at_andersonnews.com
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 11:03:05 EDT

i agree with the slicing off of the "AND" but how about some of these...

1
big business is like accounting, the newton is your andersen consulting (i
used to sub-contract for them way back when)

2
big business is like presidential elections, the newton is having your
brother run the swing state.

3
big business is a sword fight, the newton is indiana jones with a pistol

4
big business is like selling cheap cars, the newton is your lee iacocca

and my overall fave....
5
big business is programming for a living, the newton is like having a Mac
at home

orig msg below..
 2002 08:48:38 +0200
Subject: [NTLK] Slightely OT--Big Business jungles punctuated by sharp
machetes
From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_mac.com>

on 6/27/02 12:54 AM, Oliver Brose at oliver.brose_at_t-online.de wrote:

> BIG BUSINESS IS A JUNGLE, AND THE APPLE NEWTON IS YOUR MACHETE

Oliver. I've been thinking about the above quote. It somehow sounds weak.
As
I've pondered over it, I think I came up with a simple way to make it have
more punch. I'm posting it here for the sake of public opinion. ;-) Does
the
second version sound a bit better?

BIG BUSINESS IS A JUNGLE. THE APPLE NEWTON IS YOUR MACHETE.

Just dropping the "AND" seems to have more "slice" to it, if you get my