Re: [NTLK] WaveLan And WavePoint access Point....

From: Ken Whitcomb (ken_at_imageguild.com)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 00:44:17 EDT

Check out Rob Fronhe's 802.11b (with notes for a mod to use it with
802.11a!) external antenna hack at his site. He also has a link for a page
describing how to add an external antenna to an Apple Airport Basestation
(Lucent sells some tabletop models and one can purchase her or his own
connector to make their own). Rob's instructions rival those of Frank's
battery refurb pages in thouroughness. They must be cut from the same cloth.

http://www.wwc.edu/%7Efrohro/Airport/Primestar/Primestar.html

Btw, with a good line-of-site setup, he claims a 10 mile range (better mount
them high!)

Ken Whitcomb