Re: [NTLK] Newton 4 Newbies site

From: Thomas Hofts (thofts_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 20:02:10 EDT

on 6/26/02 3:42 PM, JDR at newton_at_buzzroom.net wrote:

> This seems like the FAQ repackaged, but I can see where some people
> might find it more accessible.
>
> My personal opinion - lose the javascript and all those graphics.
>
> Cheers
>

> Thomas Hofts wrote:
>
>> The first peek at this effort is up at:
>>
>> http://homepage.mac.com/newton4newbies

Thanks. Part of the effort was a selfish leaning experience as I had never
designed a Java-Heavy page. Being spoiled by my DSL connection, I didn't
even look at load time for regular modems. Yikes! I'll be doing a more
bandwidth friendly redesign soon as it looks like I'm still unemployed until
mid July.

Being a marketing person I'm really into repackaging a product to make it
more attractive and user friendly. That's the angle I took as I'm still a
newbie myself.