Re: [NTLK] Battery Oddities...

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 14:24:29 EDT

John Goggan wrote:
> Then, suddenly, capacity jumped to 100%. The graph in BattTrax ust
> goes from 21% to 100% in one 2-second interval. Battery temperature,
> at that 2-second interval, dropped to 27C again, and charge current
> to 0.
>
> It then just stays there doing trickleChargeContinuous at 0-1mA only.
> Forever.

Ok -- a little more on this. I unplugged the power for a few minutes and
battery capacity stayed at 100%. I then plugged in back in and capacity
dropped to 17% and it started fastCharging again. So far, it has been slowly
rising from 17% to 32% over the past 3 minutes...

I'll post again when it changes -- I just wanted to throw that in before
someone answered. For now, I'll keep repeating that process to see if I can
get it to 100%.

Maybe it is just stopping early because of battery temperature issues? Then
when it is unplugged, it cools a bit, and then charging works again for a
while? I dunno -- just throwing thoughts out there. :)

 - John...