Re: [NTLK] Persistent alarms

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Mon Jun 24 2002 - 15:58:50 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_mac.com>
To: NewtonTalk <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
Date: Monday, June 24, 2002 3:27 AM
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Persistent alarms

>on 24-06-2002 4:36, Mick Ring at lists_at_rynosoft.com wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to make my MP2100 have persistent alarms as I have
described
>> above? I really need the nagging...
>
>I thinks that Alarmed and Dangerous can do this too, nor 100 % sure
>though...
>

>Robert Benschop

Sort of. You can set it to various alarm sounds and how long the duration
is (one beep to 5,10,15,20,30 seconds and 1,2,3,5,10,15,20,30 minutes or
even 1,2,6, hours. AND it even has 1 day or 1 week. But I think that the
batteries would die LONG before that LOL. Then it has another setting for
1/2 second (incessant), frequent (2 seconds), intermittent (5 sec)
infrequent (10 sec).

So it is "almost" what you want. You may want to give it a shot and see if
you like it. I have found that somtimes a incessent alarm that goes for 5
minutes really gets you to take a look and tend to rember more than just one
quick beep and then forget about it. :) It also has some other features
that I never tried out like full screen snooze, gradually incrase the alarm
( hmm I may use that now might be handy somtimes...forgot it had that), show
forget it in bution alerts, and speak text buttion in alerts (I assume this
will only work in 2000's).

Hope this helps.

-Dan