Re: [NTLK] Accelerated 2100 & keyboard

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Jun 23 2002 - 03:50:16 EDT

on 23-06-2002 2:32, Philip Lord at nama_chari_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Can anyone confirm that an accelerated 2100 will no
> longer work with the newton keyboard. I want to do
> this mod but I probably wont if my keyboard won't work
> afterwards.

Depends if you make it switchable, in case you do (and you can switch back
to 160) you should be able to use your keyboard, both Ed and Stephanie have
switchable versions on their sites.

> Also,yesterday I wen't to Akehabara to get a 5mhz
> crystal. I found two types from different makers, but
> neither have the serial numbers that have been
> mentioned here in the past. Can anyone confirm wether
> these will still work? They look identical to the ones
> I've seen shown on the 'how to accelerate your 2100'
> web pages, just different serial numbers.

I don't think the serial numbers are that important (or is there just one
factory in the world that makes those crystals) but the specs of the
crystal.

Robert Benschop