Re: [NTLK] Accelerated 2100 & keyboard

From: James Mackey (mackeyj24_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 22 2002 - 22:35:17 EDT

Once you accelerate your Newt, the keyboard probably won't work. I
previouslyhad success connecting through the SER-001 in combination with the
Pix Solutions Implant, but it doesn't seem to be working now.

However, I can connect through the $8 ethernet card I got on eBay (3Com
3CXE589ET), and use the computer keyboard to input data. I guess it depends
on how portable you want to be.

JM

>From: Philip Lord >Reply-To: newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net >To:
newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net >Subject: [NTLK] Accelerated 2100 &keyboard >Date:
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 17:32:42 -0700 (PDT) >>>Can anyone confirm that an
accelerated 2100 will no >longer work with the newton keyboard. I want to do
>this mod but I probably wont if my keyboard won't work >afterwards.
>>Also,yesterday I wen't to Akehabara to get a 5mhz >crystal. I found two
types from different makers, but >neither have the serial numbers that have
been >mentioned here in the past. Can anyone confirm wether >these will
stillwork? They look identical to the ones >I've seen shown on the 'how to
accelerate your 2100' >web pages, just different serial numbers. >>I also
hada look for some flash cards in some of the >used computer shops. After a
short while I found one >place that had five 4meg cards in a box that they
were >selling for $2.50 each...so I bought them all. I think >I'll make
looking for flash card a semi regular thing. >I love Akehabara. >>Phil

--- Links ---
   1 'http://g.msn.com/1HM505401/44'