Re: [NTLK] SER-001 a question

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_eskimo.com)
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 18:38:10 EDT

At 04:46 PM 6/21/2002 -0400, you wrote:

>Subject: Re: [NTLK] SER-001 a question
>Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 12:50:50 -0400
>From: <tfbiii_at_nbscomputers.net>
>

>Is it possible to hack the Newt to support IP printing or via some new
>extension? I'll be honest and say that I haven't given AppleTalk a
>thought in a few years, but if that's the only way for a Newt to print
>over a network, it's something that needs to be looked into.

Indeed. Ever since our friendly IT staff disabled Appletalk on our
corporate LAN, I have to print with this "Soft Print Pack" software and a
serial cable attached to my PC. Which isn't TOO big a deal, but it means I
can't print from any location in the building with an Ethernet jack like I
used to.

I believe the appropriate protocol is "LPR", for which there is
unfortunately no Newton client available. I wish there were....

Or even Appletalk-LPR bridge software.... hmmm...

-Jeremy