Re: [NTLK] [OT] Gay Mackey

From: richard_at_cyberphotographer.com
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 06:05:36 EDT

> >the word "gay" which is commonly used now to describe homosexuals?

'gay' also, and originally means joyous, frivolous, and light-hearted
which is a fairly good description of how a Newton would sound with
the pitch bent (oops) upwards, and that is what I took him (oops) to
mean. It is peculiar (oops) that active (oops) words should become
submissive (oops) to politics, but I am inclined (oops) to think it
goes both ways (oops). In Yorkshire they are fond (oops) of saying
"there's nowt so queer (oops) as folk". I don't think they are
pushing a political point (oops). P.S. sorry for all the inyourendo
(ooh I say!). Guys please don't go nuts (oops), this post was meant
to be joyous, light-hearted and frivolous...