Re: [NTLK] Screen size and resolution

From: Peter Traugot (ptraugot_at_3do.com)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 17:57:02 EDT

Screen DPI has little (nothing, in fact) to do with the resolution of a
screen image. DPI is strictly for printing. The fact that Apple advertised
the Newton as having 100 DPI (200 and 2100) screen resolution speaks more to
the density of the pixels than anything else. It's like saying a monitor
with a dot pitch of 26 has a higher DPI than a screen with a dot pitch of
28.

The physical resolution is the only thing that matters on a screen. If the
Newton is 480x320, then that's the size image that will fit on the display.

Hope that helps.