Re: [NTLK] 28 2100s!

From: richard_at_cyberphotographer.com
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 05:39:18 EDT

>Someone in the UK (ebay) is selling 28 (yes, 28!) Messagepad 2100s.

I am intending to bid for them and have a friend in Glasgow who can
pick them up. I have also been in contact with the seller and have
grilled him about what they were used for and their condition. The
application seems to have been somewhat vertical unfortunately. I
have to say that with the known limited lifespan of screens before
the jaggies kill the unit this is a fairly high risk lot. I for one
would not be prepared to sell a unit with the jaggies without
offering severe warnings and a very low price to the buyer.

I don't see how clubbing together will help as there will be
difficulties deciding who gets what from an unknown number of useable
units. If my bid succeeds and there are a good number of good units I
will certainly expect to make as many as possible available to the
list at very reasonable prices.