Re: [NTLK] 28 2100s!

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 13:04:44 EDT

on 19-06-2002 6:54, John Goggan at jgoggan_at_dcg.com wrote:

> Yes. Basically, if you don't want to get "sniped" on EBay, then I recommend
> you bid the most that you are willing to pay -- and then walk away. Since it
> is proxy bidding, you should be fine to do that. If you lose, then it went
> for more than you were willing to pay and therefore you shouldn't feel too bad
> about it. Of course, I can't always bring myself to do that -- so I can't say
> that I always take my own advice.

Good advice, what I normally do as well, but money is a bit tight at the
moment so I couldn't really decide my max amount...

Didn't seem automated to me though because the amount to top kept changing
in a irregular way which doesn't happen when there's an autobid in front of
you, and in the end a lot of people still showed up in the list (John also)
which also doesn't happen if you're outbid automatically.

So I guess this was just an old fashioned eBay frenzy ;-)

I stopped at 990GBP which was lower than John bid, so I wouldn't have had it
anyway, would have liked it to be somebody from the list though, so who is
'huop' (the winning bidder) and more important, is he/she on this list ?

Robert Benschop