Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V2 #450

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 01:48:33 EDT

on 6/19/02 12:14 AM, Lee, Christopher J at christopher.j.lee_at_intel.com
wrote:

> I believe that this is because AOL no longer supports any version of the AOL
> client before version 7. Aloha relied upon recognition as a version 2
> client...someone please correct me if I am (Eris forbid) wrong...

I'm pretty sure that my parents are still using version 2.7 on their Mac.
They don't use it much, but Claris Emailer _does_ still work, so I would
presume that Aloha should too. Back when I used Aloha, sometimes I would
need to sign on with the desktop app, and then after that Aloha would work.
I don't know if that will help in this instance or not. Are you sure you are
using a good AOLNet number? I seem to remember that some of these things
changed. Doesn't Aloha have multiple choices for choosing an AOLNet network?
Try changing those.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland