Re: [NTLK] Connecting a Nokia to a Newton (was: Names to Nokia PREVIEW screenshot)

From: Daniel Padilla (daniel.padilla_at_wanadoo.es)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 14:46:05 EDT

> > The grey cable, to change a DB-9 to Minidin-8, is the most difficult to
> >make. If you can't find one, let me know, i have a couple of them
> >i don't use
> >and i'll send one to you for a box of Speculaas. :-)
>
> ***Okay, darling I am baking!!!

    mmmm...

> The cable arrived, I connected all devices, no connection yet but I
> need to re install the NIE and have a look at your modem script.
> I will keep you informed what is happening.

    k, first thing to try is sending AT commands with PT100.

http://www.unna.org/unna/internet/PT1001.0.1/

    connect all the cables and, in PT100, edit a new session with the
following:

    -Type: direct serial session.
    -Serial port: serial port.
    -Speed: 19200
    -flow control: hard.
    -data bits: 8
    -parity: N.
    -Stop bits: 1

   when connected, type AT and enter. The phone should answer OK.

    Let me know if that works.

Daniel Padilla