Re: [NTLK] Memories of eMate

From: Michael Wittmann (wittmannmichael_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 08:42:33 EDT

On Tuesday, June 18, 2002, at 02:32 AM, Sushi wrote:
>> On 6/18/02 @ 1:44 PM, Grant [Ipswitch] Hutchinson wrote:
>> I'd take my 20 year old Radio Shack Model 100 instead. Anytime.
> That was a nice device!

I have to agree, it was great! My introduction to the
Keep-It-Simple-Stupid world of instant-on and it-simply-works computing
was a Model 102 which I acquired after reading about eMates replacing
them (slowly) in the world of newspaper reporters. A great machine, but
I filled the 24k too quickly. Remembering my Basic, learned in DOS 1.0
in 1982 or whenever that was, created a bit of a challenge. I wrote a
few web sites for folks interested in them, available at
<http://perlnet.umephy.maine.edu/bio/wittmann/personal/pooter/> for any
who care...

Michael