[NTLK] Newton Sighting/Sale at WAP Show

From: David Abramowitz (underdog_at_erols.com)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 12:16:20 EDT

So there I was expecting just to find Mac stuff, and there's this vendor
selling a stock 2000 w/keyboard and case, modem card, and the rest, for $20!
So I tried to turn it on, and it wouldn't, so I walked away. Then another
guy comes by and buys it - turns out it was charging, and didn't have the
battery pack, so I figured it was dead. Sucks for me - I would have liked
to have a backup...oh, well.

On the bright side, I did get to meet Sean Luke, who stopped by to say
hello, and demo a host of Waba stuff to me that was very cool, as was he.
Another lurking list member, Lou, was also at the vendor table next to me.

You never know what you'll find...but "you snooze, you lose" definitely rang
true.

- Dave