Re: [NTLK] OT: PowerMac 6100 parts needed

From: Lee, Christopher J (christopher.j.lee_at_intel.com)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 09:14:39 EDT

My motivation in this is two-fold...

First off, I'm a TERIFFIC cheapskate...and with this box, I can have a
fairly snappy old machine for less than $100 US, all told.

Second, I'd like to build a simple-to-use, friendly PC for my 4 year old
daughter. There is quite a bit of very nice educational software out there
for older Macs, and at this price point, I find this option very attractive.
My little one is very good at using my Windows XP PC (that is, she
understands clicking on icons to do things, how to use the START menu,
etc.), but I would like her to have something that is hers.

Plus, from a purely selfish point of view, it would be nice to do Ethernet
syncs with the ol' Newt without having to use Basilisk.