Re: [NTLK] 130 shutting off...

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Jun 15 2002 - 14:32:04 EDT

on 6/15/02 5:18 PM, Bernie A. Goltermann at bagoltermann_at_ksaits.com wrote:

> Have you taken out all PC Cards? Do you have another power source, like
> charger plugged in? Did the 130 have a battery tray (can't remember been
> a while since I sold mine.) or have another battery pack to try? Could
> be the battery is just really low...

I suppose I should have mentioned this stuff. We tried this with two
different sets of rechargeables. One was a batch of replacement cells in the
original metal frame, the other were four loose ones. We also tried this on
my 9w adapter, and he has also had problems with the 7w adapter. This
problem also happened with card in and out.

I didn't mention this in my first note, because I discovered this later,
after writing it, but if the Newton is on, and I twist it by alternate
corners, it goes out right a way. It also goes off if I push on the right
hand side--the side with the power plug. I begin to think this is a simple
hardware problem. Unfortunately, finding the break in the circuit, or in the
wires is going to be a major job. I think we are up to it, but not right now
for me, with my schedule as it is. :-) My friend will be playing with it,
and we will see how it goes.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland