Re: [NTLK] OT Need PowerPort Platinum software for Modem

From: Chris Chapman (pan1k_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jun 14 2002 - 12:15:02 EDT

M and the NTLK Gang..

Thanks for helping. GlobalVillage actually helped me. After I explained to
him that it was an internal modem on a powerbook 150, it came down to two
things:

1.) Powerbook 150's running System 7.5 need a modem enabler, once it was
installed the internal modem was seen by the OS.
2.) The GlobalFax software didn't have a driver, just fax software for
*that* modem in particular.

I'll tell you I put the 150 Modem Enabler on a floppy for later use.
GlobalVillage actually gave me a diskimage of the software. I think I need
to put that in a safe place. Replace my powerbook 150? Never! :). I've got a
Pismo..but it doesn't get used all too much..

Thanks again folks!

-Chris