Re: [NTLK] Alignment on "Mike's Newts"

From: John Charlton (johncharlton_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Jun 14 2002 - 10:22:11 EDT

The arc
has a radius of about 1/2 inch. When you put your pen down on the
screen over the 'i' the starting point of the line is about 1/4 inch
away from where you touch the screen. Progressing up the screen to the
next dotted line of the note the starting point goes further out maybe
3/8,then 1/2, then 3/8, and then back to 1/4 near the Apple logo.
<

Yikes! That's much more severe than what I have. Mine seems to be only an
offset problem, straight lines draw straight. The offset on mine, at its
worst, is only half a line spacing. You're getting half and inch?!

I have a theory, could the heat in a Florida closet affect the touchscreen?
  I'd try opening my other Newt and replacing it, but, well, it's just
working so darn well I don't want to mess with it. Actually not that hard
to do. Need coffee first, and should probably show my face at work today.
Maybe on the weekend.

If it does turn out to be the touchscreen there's a bloke named Calvin
Grier who's supposedly working on touchscreen/backlight replacements.

http://www.adago.net/

Anyone know any more about this? Going to drop him a line.

jc

P.S. Yes, many different subject lines. I've picked this one as the most
descriptive. Any other suggestions we could try? :-)