Re: [NTLK] Alignment on "Mike's Newts"

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Fri Jun 14 2002 - 09:57:36 EDT

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Joseph DiMattio wrote:

> Add one more to the list. The 2100 I received was in very good
> condition. No scratches on the screen, all doors intact, just a little
> wear on the logo and bottom right of the housing. The only
> disappointment with the device is the alignment at the bottom left
> corner of the screen. I haven't had time to conduct a brain-wipe, but
> I did try rotating the screen to landscape mode and had another issue
> - the newt kept running through the alignment routine to the point
> where I had to rest the device.

Okay, I just checked mine out guys. My alignment on the bottom 1" of the
screen (part closest to the battery) is consistantly off by at least 1/4"
all the time, even right after I did a pen alignment. No problem doing
the alignment though. It does seem to be the worst at the bottom-left.
At the far right edge it seems to be fine. At the left, tapping on the
bottom half of the Extras icon doesn't work :(