Re: [NTLK] Touchscreen misalignment

From: Bernie A. Goltermann (bagoltermann_at_ksaits.com)
Date: Fri Jun 14 2002 - 04:00:50 EDT

John Charlton wrote:

>Another explanation could be that these Newts were found in a closet after
>the others had been sold because they'd been dumped there because of this
>problem.

Yes, that could account for so many of us all getting the same kind of
problem but what caused it?

>I notice four test touchpads near where the touchscreen cable meets
>motherboard, I suspect they are to test input from the touchscreen. Anyone?
> I'd stick my voltmeter on 'em, but the Newts in so many pieces right now,

I read other posts here that these need to be cleaned sometime to fix
some touchscreen issues. When did my logic board swap I took care and
clean these well before reassembly.

>.. I really liked that "photocopy the motherboard and stick the screws to
>it" idea, how come you didn't tell me that a week ago...

Thanks, but I just resently thought of it myself ;-)

Bernie