Re: [NTLK] A question of Connection....

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 15:46:52 EDT

On 13/06/02 15:40, "Helene" <chatlene_at_si.rr.com> wrote:

> Please be aware that NCU must be running in order to be able to see this
>
> machine from your Newt via Ethernet ...
>

> NCU is running
>

> Dear Helene,
>
> please check if you have set AppleTalk to use EtherTalk. (On your
> Newton: Extras/Prefs/AppleTalk)
>
> I did it but it does not change anything.
> I use OS 2.1. AppleTalk is setup on Ethernet on the mac. Nothing appears
> when I insert the card although everything work when I browse the Net.

You mean, you insert the card and nothing appears on the screen? That is not
right. Whenever you insert a card, a window should pop up and give you more
information about the card and even will allow you to set some settings. Try
removing the card and re-inserting it.

-Laurent.

fudge: 1. vt. To perform in an incomplete but marginally acceptable way,
particularly with respect to the writing of a program. "I didn't feel like
going through that pain and suffering, so I fudged it -- I'll fix it later."
2. n. The resulting code.