Re: [NTLK] Paging Dr. Newton (Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard)

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 10:49:11 EDT

On 13/06/02 10:32, "Christian Burk" <cmburk75_at_mac.com> wrote:

> Sorry, little 3 Stooges thrown in there.
>
> Has anyone heard from the elusive Dr. Newton? I have tried to contact
> him via e-mail, but have been unable to elicit any response. Does anyone
> on this list have any contact with him? I'd like to upgrade my Newton
> 2000, but don't know whether it can still be done by him.

He did post his new email address a few weeks ago, along with information
that he's still performing the 2000 memory upgrade. His latest email address
is drnewton_at_maplenet.net .

-Laurent.

C++ /C'-pluhs-pluhs/ n.: Designed by Bjarne Stroustrup of AT&T Bell Labs as
a successor to C. Now one of the languages of choice, although many hackers
still grumble that it is the successor to either Algol 68 or Ada (depending
on generation), and a prime example of second-system effect. Almost anything
that can be done in any language can be done in C++, but it requires a
language lawyer to know what is and what is not legal-- the design is almost
too large to hold in even hackers' heads. Much of the cruft results from
C++'s attempt to be backward compatible with C. Stroustrup himself has said
in his retrospective book "The Design and Evolution of C++" (p. 207),
"Within C++, there is a much smaller and cleaner language struggling to get
out." [Many hackers would now add "Yes, and it's called Java" --ESR]