Re: [NTLK] Re[2]: Re[2]: Convincing argument against MS

From: Thomas Cherry (jceaser_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 20:09:45 EDT

I think I am going to ignore you and your language. You seem to be=20
harboring some deep resentment against reality. I suggest you seek=20
therapy. In the mean time you can ponder the fact that apple released=20=

what they had to satisfy demand. Programs are never done, you can=20
always improve them and add features, but at some point you have to stop=20=

and put a version number on what you have and let people have it. I=20
waited for months for DVD play back to come out, but as a developer I=20
understand the concept of limited resources and the need to priorities. =20=

You my friend need to think about more than your own disappointment that=20=

people don't always do what you want them to do or always have the same=20=

priorities as you. I got most of what I wanted as did most people I=20
know. Your priorities may not have been the same. You did get a very=20=

stable os that actually gave you usably virtual memory, protected=20
memory, application isolation, high performance web page server, neXt=20
API's, a unix application layer, and an easy to use interface. After=20=

apple did all this, they finally got around to porting your DVD player=20=

(a few months latter). I for one am glad they did the other things=20
first as a DVD player running on an os that could crash half way into=20
your movie would suck.

--
My ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. -Yoda, Jedi Master
=EF=A3=BF