Re: [NTLK] WEPPackage installations

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_eskimo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 13:13:18 EDT

>WEP is working successfully for me using an AirPort base station. I entered
>the key code as hexadecimal with uppercase letters.

What did you enter as your SSID on the AirPort side? The hexidecimal key
code? I can't get the Newton side to have a different WEP key and SSID. As
soon as I change one, it changes the other.

>The only thing not working for me is large package installations. As with
>previous versions, large package installations consistently fail after, oh,
>say, 100k or so. Backups -- presumably larger than 100k -- seem to go just
>fine.

I also have occasional problems with large package installs over wireless
APPLETALK, and in my case even have trouble with backups. TCP/IP networking
never fails me, but Appletalk does on occasion.

-Jeremy