[NTLK] Re[2]: Convincing argument against MS

From: Bradford Schmidt (brad_at_bradfordschmidt.com)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 11:14:31 EDT

Tuesday, June 11, 2002, 12:34:19 AM, Steven wrote:

> What's it called when Apple charges TOP dollar for their products and
> then drops them like hot potatoes?
> (NEWTON, Clones, various chips and software)
> Is that called $erving $atisfied citizen$ ???
> I've got 3 older mac$ and one mac clone...none can run O$X...they are in
> the clo$et...gue$$ it$ time to $pend more money on a new Apple and hope
> that $teven Job$ doe$n't di$continue it for another few month$
> I'm $o happy that Apple is really about $erving the Cu$tomer.

Exactly - just read their policy about supporting the "old" ATI
chipset in OS X. The installed base of that chip in powerbooks alone
(I'm one of them) is huge. And they just dropped it. So any video in
OS X sucks ass on that chip.

But hey, isn't this really NEW mac "incredibly cool?"

Bradford Schmidt
http://www.bradfordschmidt.com
mailto:brad_at_bradfordschmidt.com