Re: [NTLK] NTLK: CNET Article on Handspring

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 09:52:49 EDT

>On 6/11/02 @ 10:16 PM, Joseph DiMattio wrote:
>
>From a June 10, 2002 article:
>
>NEW YORK--Handspring believes the future of handheld devices will be
>typed, not written.
>
>http://news.com.com/2100-1040-934637.html
>
>Well, duhhh.
>Looks like it's back to the future. :)

After using Crapfitti for a couple of years when I was using a Palm OS
device, I would prefer a small keyboard for input as well! ;-)

If you will note, Handspring is offering two models, one with a small
keyboard and the other with a Grafitti input area.

Also, the Treo is a phone. And it is much easier to use a keyboard to
look up and dial numbers than to pull out a stylus to retrieve the
information. So sure, it makes sense to have a keyboard input method on
the Treo.

As for a PDA, after 2 years of using Crapfitti I really enjoy using the
Newt.

The Newt gives me a freedom where I no longer need to memorize a work
around character input method. Writing in a normal way beats Crapfitti
by a mile. I doubt I will ever be going back to Crapfitti.

Sushi