Re: [NTLK] battery question

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 04:34:28 EDT

This behaviour is completely normal and based on the fact that the charging
control (and the display of the battery state) is based on the battery
voltage measurement only, limited by a overtemp indication.
The battery voltage may change quiet fast while the charging state does not.
In order to get a more precise picture of the charging state you need a
battery current measurement as well.
In order to have a simple solution, the battery voltage is measured only and
they do some tricks in the software to display a battery state which should
somehow reflect the actual charge on the battery.

Johannes