[NTLK] I'm back on the newton

From: John Fraser (john_fraser_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Jun 09 2002 - 10:58:57 EDT

After lurking on/off for the past 1-2 years I pulled my newton 2000 emate
300 and newton 130 out and started loading all the new stuff that people
have been hard at work on since life took me in a different direction.

Well as most people would guess I have a few questions (on my 2000)

1. First is finding a 2100 or 2000u worth it? I will once again be a heavy
user after seeing how well my 2000 works with my ugate wireless 3300 router
(it even connects to my Dual gig on the lan side of the router over
ethernet!).

Mainly E-mail Internet (text only) music =-)....

2. What is the best browser and IMAP e-mail client. I am forced to use
mail2web.com right now as I couldn't find a imap client in my older e-mail
program downloads.

3. I assume sources for Emate upgrades are becoming a miracle.

4. how is the ata driver coming? Can we store MP3 files on them yet?

5. Any place to find all these new projects in one spot (aka newton news
page?)

6. Any hope on finding a supply of the interconnect plugs? While lurking I
finished an emate/2x00 dongle that supports preamped mic in, audio in, audio
out. I hope to post pictures soon at newton2000.com. figure it would be
good for something (only way to give emate a mic!)

Thanks guys for the help.

Hopefully you don't mind me crawling back to the list after all this time.
Life took a nice 180 on me recently.

John Fraser
2khappyware