[NTLK] 'Clicking' battery when charging

From: James Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Sat Jun 08 2002 - 21:34:41 EDT

  Well, I managed to get my data off my old Newt - Data Rescue didn't work
because I have to dismiss the Ethernet card slip when it powers up, and
D.R. can't set the connect app to serial automatically, SBM's Emergency
package didn't seem to work either - so I ended up just connecting the old
motherboard up to the new display, which did work (now I just cracked the
little white piece that secures the display cable AGAIN - it works, but..)

  However, one of my rechargable packs emits a regular ticking noise when
I put it in to charge - the other one is fine. I must admit this is a
little disconcerting <shudder - terrorist on Ebay selling Plastique
Newton batteries..> and understandably I haven't left the battery in for
more than 3 seconds. Could this be a feedback problem with the battery?

Jim