Re: [NTLK] OT: NT Tab completion (was Re:The OQO should have been the new Newton?)

From: Bryce Lynch (bryce_at_telerama.lm.com)
Date: Sat Jun 08 2002 - 14:03:54 EDT

On Sat, 8 Jun 2002, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> I've mocked before the NT registry on my NT box, and I wouldn't suggest to
> anybody to do it, unless you're very familiar with it. As much as I would
> like to have tab completion when I'm forced to use my NT box at work, I'm
> not planning to play around the registry.

The registry modification posted in response was actually the one I was
making reference to. On the Windows 2000 systems we have at work, it
turns on tabkey completion only sporadically, i.e., on something like 1
out of 10 workstations. I don't know if it has to do with the service
release of Windows the individual system is running or if something else
is at fault.

--
Encrypted private e-mail preferred.
PGP and GnuPG keys: http://users.telerama.com/~bryce/pgp.key