Re: [NTLK] The OQO should have bee.

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 19:30:11 EDT

I like my Newt. so much that once a week I re-size a Win./Mac window to =
the Newton size, just to see how I use the desktop/laptop. I have few =
problems if any even at that size. However I keep getting scratches on =
the screens... :-o

Phil G. from LAPUG says Newton Inc. was working on Newt.OS 3.0 that would =
have been in the Tripad/Clio shape, including color, CompactFlash, =
built-in modem, ethernet and the clickety keyboard.
Spyglass was ready to 'Gold Master' Nethopper 4.0 for Newt.OS 3.0.
Unreleased potential flushed by $J(even with a keyboard built-in).
=2E..maybe he could re-vive Newton like he did for CRT's??? :-D
------------------
>Putting any desktop OS in a handheld is like putting dung into a Ferrari's
>tank, just take one good look at the Newton OS and anybody will realize =
that
>you can't do the same thing with a desktop OS, not with same elegance and
>speed.
>
>Did anybody notice that the button to close a window in OS X has a small =
'x'
>in it ? ;-)
>

>Robert Benschop

!ooW %-)
Pres. of Los Angeles Newton Users Group!