Re: [NTLK] [OT] duo tick of death (was The OQO should have been...)

From: James Elliott (james.elliott_at_newted.org)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 00:06:15 EDT

A capacitor in the power supply fails. The machine ceases to work,
and it ticks whenever it is plugged in. If you leave it long enough,
it will work for a while before screwing up again. What you describe
sounds exactly like it. I've lost two power supplies that way in one
of my docks, and I just scrounged a second with the same thing.

-James