Re: [NTLK] LocalTalk/EtherTalk and Printer

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 04:37:04 EDT

> I have this configuration:
> A Mac, a Win2K PC and a Newton 2100 conntected via Ethernet.
> Every works just fine: I can backup my Newton on the Mac, I browse through
> Internet on all machines.
> Now I have connected an LaserJet 4ML via LocalTalk to the Mac and
installed
> the LocalTalk-Bridge.
> I also installed the AppleTalk protocol on Win2K. Now I can access the
> printer and print via the Mac.
> But my Newton can't access the printer! Anyone any suggestions for this.
You could connect the LocalTalk to the Newton and then you should be able to
find the printer under Network Printers. But I'm not shure whether the 4ML
will work correctly with the Newton LaserWriter driver but it is quite
likely. I could successfully use at least the LaserWriter 8 driver on a Mac
to print directly to a HP LJ (don't remember the type but very likely was it
a 5ML) and could also print w/o problems to a LW personal NT and personal
320 via LocalTalk/EtherTalk.

---
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG