Re: [NTLK] Can motherboards be switched between Newt 2x00s?

From: jwolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 03:42:33 EDT

If you want to exchange the housing - I did this a few times in the past.
What you call daughter board is the system ROM board.
You can exchange this as well and doing this all the previously installed
system patches will be deleted.
The unique serial number of every motherboard is stored in a litte ID chip
on board.
Exchanging all the peripherals including ROM will not affect this ID.

Hope this answers your questions.

Johannes