Re: [NTLK] The OQO should have been the new Newton?

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Wed Jun 05 2002 - 14:25:02 EDT

>On 6/6/02 @ 1:40 AM, Polenta Marco wrote:
>
>I've found this article... give it a look...
>
>http://www.business2.com/articles/mag/0,1640,40364,FF.html

Who knows?

Sure would have been nice to see a new Newt version from Apple. It looks
like Apple missed a great opportunity.

As I've stated in prior messages, I believe that the OQO type device is
the wave of the future.

The OQO device will definitely appeal to the laptop and Pocket PC crowd.
The laptop folks can carry a much smaller device that gives them the same
power as a decent laptop. And the Pocket PC folks won't have sync, power
or software issues like they do today.

In fact, the OQO is powerful enough to be your primary computer for most
common office and personal tasks. And this is just the first version.

I see the Pocket PC market losing market share to OQO type devices
beginning next year. Especially once the tecnology becomes more
developed in this arena. Sorry, but the Pocket PC OS just doesn't
measure up, especially when compared to a full OS such as XP.

IMHO, the Palm Pilot type devices will still be around for quite a while
and will appeal to those who don't need the power that an OQO type device
provides.

Sure makes one wonder what type of new Newt Apple could have made...

Sushi