Re: [NTLK] trouble with Lucent silver wavelan card

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 15:53:45 EDT

Chris Harding wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I've been reading a lot about the new wavelan driver and thought I'd
> give it a try. Everyone says the Lucent silver cards work and someone on
> the list had mentioned a source on line so I got one. I downloaded the
> beta 3 driver, installed it on the internal store but when I insert the
> card my 2100 doesn't recognize it.. so I'm obviously not able to
> configure the card. I've read that cards with part # 012372/A work but
> mine is 012372/C. Am I out of luck ? has anyone else had this trouble ?
> I know this has probably been addressed already so I apologize. I'd like
> to get this working but I'm getting discouraged. Any help would be
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris Harding

I have an "/A" card and an "/C" and both work just fine.

Make sure that you have the driver version Beta3 and that the driver
package is located on the internal store.

You also might try to freeze/remove any other ethernet card drivers that
you may have.

It should work fine, and it won't promt you that it "dosen't recognize
card".