Re: [NTLK] attention deficit

From: Ben Smith (QM Systems) (ben.smith_at_qm-systems.com)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 04:09:39 EDT

It runs in my family too, I can see it strongly in my father,
grandfather (now dead) one aunt and her daughter.
I am the only one to have got diagnosed (not easy in the UK especially
as an adult).
I would find life impossible without computers (and spell checkers),
like many ADD'rs I am a compulsive collector and have (APPROX) 8
assorted Apple2's, Mac 128, Mac plus, several SE's & SE/30, 6 or so
various Mac2's, upgraded 475, Q840, 8100/110, 6100/66, 8200/120,
7300/200, Newt 110 (see I can get back on topic) 3 palm pilot's,
Psion1, 4 various Psion2's, Philips Velo, and several PC's.
And many parts and accessories. (I also have a tendency to ramble as
you can see!!)
I wish computers had been around when I was at school, I remember the
schools first computer, a Sinclair ZX80 (not even the later ZX81!!).

Ben.

ADD as hell and proud of it. (I would hate to be "normal" it must be
so boring..)

NB I have worked with computers for years and am currently a test
engineer and network administrator. (computers are much easier to get
on with than humans, they don't answer back or argue so often!!)