Re: [NTLK] DSL and eMate

From: Henry Deemer (hank_at_deemer.com)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 10:37:12 EDT

I currently have an iMac and a G3 connected to an ethernet hub that's
connected to the DSL modem. I assume by this response I can connect the
eMate's PCMCIA ethernet card to that same hub and I'm good to go? Any
software other that the drivers for the card and Nethopper req'd?

Thanks

on 7/30/02 10:29 AM, Till at till_k_at_gmx.net wrote:

>> Can I connect an eMate 300 to the internet using a PCMCIA ethernet card and
>> my DSL connection?
>
> Not directly. You have to use some kind of router which connects to
> your ISP and shares the connection with your eMate. You can use DHCP
> or a fixed IP.
>
> Regards
> Till

Henry "Hank" Deemer - Pequea Valley HS, Lancaster County, PA
 ..teacher of physics, astronomy, meteorology
                    ...and whatever else they throw at me!
 ..Bldg. Technology Leader (aka, the computer guy)
 ..amateur genealogist
       (Deemer, Zimmerman, Nungesser, Thomas, John, et.al.)
email:  hank_at_deemer.com
homepage:  http://hank.deemer.com