Re: [NTLK] [ANN] ATA Support 1.0b13

From: Steve Dockery (sdockery_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 09:22:18 EDT

I just have to chime in on this.

Joshua, I think your tone in your posts has been adversarial and rude
from the very start. To accuse Paul of "gouging" people and referring to
"greed" in his pricing of his ATA driver, for example. Or how about
where you talk about how you don't care if he's discouraged or not, and
that how his ego is getting a "quite the boost" from peoples' posts.

My advice: next time you type something, try to think "is this something
I would say to the person if they were right here in front of me"? How
would you like it if somebody popped up and called you greedy and a
price-gouger when you offered to sell people something you'd worked long
and hard on for what you believe is a fair price? Those are fighting
words.

Then you take a shot at the rest of us, saying that it's "been proven
that people will pay anything" because we don't think he's a jerk for
charging 50 euros.

Everybody else seems to support Paul's decision to charge what he feels
is appropriate, whether they intend to buy it or not. You may imagine
yourself to be the lone voice of reason, but I think the folks on this
list are fairly reasonable people.

You could have simply said it wasn't useful enough to you at the price
he's asking and let it go at that, instead of adding all the comments
about greediness, etc., and we could have avoided all this consternation.

-Steve