Re: [NTLK] [ANN] ATA Support 1.0b13

From: Robert Locatelli (sickofthecrap_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Jul 28 2002 - 09:03:32 EDT

Am 28.7.2002 13:32 Uhr schrieb "Sushi" unter <Sushi_at_ragingbull.com>:
> Again, it all depends on your storage needs -- each of us are different
> with regard to what we want/need to store. Get the solution that best
> works with your situation.
Personally I think that 256MB storage space won't work smoothly. Especially
if one doesn't care about freezing unused pkgs and installed many. The other
limitation I would assume in access speed to e.g. a very large names soup as
well as unknown problems with indexing of really huge soups which are
distributed over many smaller card partitions.
Or does anyone have a names file with 64MB size AND reasonable speed?

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand

http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand/ https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG