Re: [NTLK] 5.0688 Crystal?

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 16:59:08 EDT

MuHammed Lonon wrote:
> Darn it why is everyone so hyped-up on symantics...???

Dude! Relax! I was trying to give you a decent answer to your question.

> OK fine let me rephrase: "What is
> the_fasest_stable_crystal_that_anyone_is_using_or had
> _used???

Bah. If you READ what I wrote, you'd see why I was trying to tell you that
that really can't be answered reasonably. MANY people are using a 5.0MHz
crystal and that is consider stable by most, and unstable by some.

So, if you find someone out there that happens to be using a 5.1MHz crystal
and it is stable for them, that really doesn't MEAN anything to you. Because
it doesn't mean that it is "stable" all the time. I'm telling you that,
depending on your Newt, even the 5.0 that many people have done might not be
stable.

If you are just curious in how fast people run theirs, then fine -- maybe it
is a decent question. It just sounded, at first, like you were more
interested in overclocking your own unit -- in which case the 5.0 is probably
the best that you should go for -- as I was saying.

> Are all yo guys lawyers...???

No, but whenever I say something to you I feel like I need to consult one
first so you don't flip out on us... Pretty soon people are just going to
stop trying to answer your questions if you are going to be so unhappy with
what we try to tell you afterwards.

 - John...