Re: [NTLK] 5.0688 Crystal?

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 12:52:07 EDT

John Charlton wrote:
> Dropped into my favourite electronic junk store last I was in Montreal
> looking for 5.000 MHz crystals. They didn't have any, but did have some at
> 5.0688. If I used this (and it worked) would I have the fastest Newt on
> the planet? :-)

Nope. Fastest _stable_ Newton, possibly -- if you are lucky. But I'm still
claiming the Fastest Newt on the Planet Award until someone proves me
otherwise with mine at 275.23 MHz:

http://dcg.com/jgoggan/newton/275mhz.jpg

It ran long enough to complete the Implant Speedtest, but it was fairly
unstable for most other things -- and I didn't want to push my luck by leaving
it that way for too long.

Check the archives for the details -- but basically that is my Newt running
WITHOUT a crystal installed (due to an error on my part during testing). heh.

If someone beats 275MHz, please let me know. :)

 - John...