[NTLK] Best mac OS setup for newton use

From: Kevin LaCombe (the_droner_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 17:03:58 EDT

I have a powerbook 3400 running OS 7.6 and am having
trouble getting a NCU connection to my MP2100. Should
I move to OS 8.6? My iMac runs 8.6 and I have no
problem connecting via ethertalk. On the powerbook, I
have connected via serial but NCU crashes. No luck
with appletalk thru the serial port or the ethernet
port. I can print to an appletalk laserjet thru the
ethernet port. In serial, I can backup the newton if
I do it from the newton but I crash the PB if I try it
there. Same for installing packages. Using the
keyboard to type on the newt crashes on the newt and
the PB. I'm looking for ideas now and will post a
more detailed description of the problem from home.