Re: [NTLK] [FS] MP2100s (several) [NUGWASH]

From: Anthony Velasco (ecotone_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 01:28:53 EDT

Hey, Paul, good to see you back on the list! Sorry to have missed you at the
NUGWASH meeting. I've been going through the NTLK archive as well, to get
caught up, since I took a leave of absence from the list while I was on
assignment in DC...haven't seen a report our July 5th meeting so here it is:

Laurent set up the meeting at the Clarendon Apple store - WOW, what a nice
outlet!! I brought my family out with me and they perused the displays while
we met. Some photographer was taking pictures of my daughters as they were
playing educational games...hope they show up in some future Mac ads! "Tech
Ed" and Zach Bir (and friend, sorry I forgot his name) came in a little
later. We were half an hour into mixing, and comparing Newts when Sean Luke
showed up with a COOL three-wheeled robot that he demonstrated - it was
controlled by program via his Titanium notebook serial port. What was
particularly interesting is that this robot could move in any direction and
would avoid obstacles using its infrared sensors. We shared programs,
techniques, and fantasized over future Newton projects until we got booted
out of the store. Ed, Laurent and I then took the meeting over to the
Starbuck's lounge at the nearby bookstore and visited until about 11:30pm.
It was quite the experience, being my first NUG meeting. Now I'm all jazzed
up for another. I am hoping to attend an LANUG meeting in the future - I
just hope they continue to have regular meetings where I can find the time
to schedule it in... maybe attend other NUG meetings around the nation
depending on where my business travel takes me in the future.

Thanks to the GREAT hospitality of the NUGWASH folks!! It was a pleasure
meeting you! Thanks and hope to see you again!

  Anthony Velasco, USFWS-Ecologist/ecotoxicologist
                ecotone_at_mac.com

This Newt's trekking through cactusland and lov'n it!

Managing Sales and Licensing for Newton Software at:
  http://www.tactile.com - Tactile Systems, Inc.
Contact me via the above E-mail for more information