Re: [NTLK] OT: upcoming trip to Montreal: poutine advice needed

From: John Charlton (johncharlton_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 23:46:14 EDT

>Can anyone recommend a place in Montreal where
>we might find the best example of this delicacy?

Good thing you're asking, because there's a big difference between a good
poutine and a bad one. Since the thread started I've been taking notes (on
special Poutine stationery) but sadly don't get to Montreal enough and don'
t eat much poutine when I'm there (you can have too much poutine,
surprisingly).

My favourite, since it was close to my apartment, was Patati Patata, though
the curds and gravy only get two (out of three) stars they do score highly
in the "Je ne sais quoi" category for a great location for people watching
(corner of St. Laurent and Rachel) and they serve good beer, always a plus!
  Bit small to bring a family though, it's also a bit of a way from the 'Big
O' as our lovely Olympic debacle is called. Don't even think about getting
a poutine at the stadium!

Not much help am I. Now if you were looking for Thai food...

jc