Re: [NTLK] option globe trotter gprs card and newton

From: machula (barpoes_at_xs4all.nl)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 03:35:23 EDT

>First off, You could have 4 COM ports, all running at the same time but
>using 2 IRQ's..
>Are you trying to connect to the Newton Via Com port and a Terminal?.. I
>quit beating my head on all the stuff a while ago, and run it "ALL"
>Wireless here now.. What is it your trying to do?... Jeff
>

>On Wednesday, July 24, 2002, at 01:54 AM, machula wrote:
>

> >> Try COM2?... You might also try different bps?.. If you type AT
> >> (Return)
> >> you should get an OK... You might turn ECHO on also, to see your type..
> >> What you doing?...Jeff

I am trying to use the modem in my 9110 to connect the newton to the
web. So I dont need to buy a new cellphone and a new cardmodem. if
this fails, I prefer a nokia cardphone or even better a globetrotter
gprs by option but there is no driver (yet) for that combi and the
newton it seems.
Well, the bottom line is, I want my newton connected to the web when
I leave for France 1 august, but even more so, 7 sept sailing in
greece and of course I want to show off being connected to weather
charts and internet, checking mail (couldnt miss you all, guys) and
chatting a bit, I'm planning to scan the map of the ionian area i'm
going, and use it with mapper, etc...
On the long run, my newton must be the digital hub of my moving
life... blablabla...

cheers, barb

MACHULA DESIGN
BARBARA DE MACHULA
BLOEMGRACHT 81 1016 KH
AMSTERDAM
THE NETHERLANDS

design_at_STAINSmachula.com (remove STAINS)
tel: 00-31-(0)20-622 58 33
fax:00-31-(0)20-638 24 39
http://www.machula.com
http://www.hammybammy.com